8/1/10

Don't Trains Need Water?











Yes Virginia they do. Well as you lucky readers have probley figured out by know that I kinda like Disney. At Disneyland they have a really neat Water Tank for the DRR and I have always wanted to build it. But one thing or another would come up and I've never got aroud to building it. But after a recent trip to the Happiest and Most expensive Place on Earth I decided to build the darn thing.




I took some of my lumber, whole bunch of pictures I took and copy of a blueprint I got on Burnsland.com and went to work. I had figured that the support legs would be the most dificult portion of the build and they did not disappoint. I used all kinds of colorful words as I cut each piece of oak. Did you know oak is MEGA pain to cut with a hand saw? Well it is! It likes to bind up the saw big time.




There are 12 support legs with diagonal cross bracing that seems to go every which way. As for the build I'll describe this in a diferent post right now I just going to show what can be accomplished in a night if you got some time to kill.

No comments:

Post a Comment